Veronica Flint is the lead VR designer at Moth + Flame which is a company that guide brands entering the VR space. She also does character game animation, motion capture, and cinematic in videos games. Switching game engines halfway through or even 1/4 through can be a huge hassle and time-consuming. Choose an engine and try your best to stick with it. Catt and I also talked about how designing games for VR is very different mainly due to motion movement. Thus having a frame of reference when creating your game can really help. Also implementing locomotion options for players can help reduce motion sickness.
- It’s important for higher ups to know a bit about the technical side of designing a video game
- Switching game engine during development can take a project back months or even years
- Find local communities and see if there are any classes to take on game development and network
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask me a question at [email protected]
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review and subscribe on iTunes. It really helps and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on Spotify, Pocket Casts, or other major platforms.
- Share this episode with your friends using the left sidebar.
Until next time, peace!