Sebastien Dussault – “It’s really rare that we just sit down and think about what we do and just try to do one thing at a time, even if it’s for 15 minutes, those 15 minutes can count.”
Sebastien Dussault is the lead animator at Meduzarts and worked at Ubisoft Quebec before that. At Meduzarts, his focus is on high-end cinematics, scripted events, and video game trailers. His credits include such as For Honor and Assassin’s Creed.
- Don’t move rapidly into production until everyone is on the same page
- Ask yourself, “What is the main focus of that animation?”
- Add buffer time to scope to avoid crunchtime
- Adding boundaries and limits with clear objectives produces better results
- Movies are great example of how to smoothly transition from scene to scene
- His reasons for leaving Ubisoft
- And much more…
- iAnimate – Online Animation School
- Book: Creativity Inc by Ed Catmull
- Book: Directing Actors by Judith Weston
- Take notes while reading books, playing games, and watching movies.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Thank you for listening!