Inspiring Game Developers
On Game Dev Loadoout, Tommy Roekkum discuss the benefits of having a game consultant, his experience of hiring a freelancer, how he got a publisher, and much more. Tommy Roekkum is the Project lead and CEO of Trym Studios, hailing out of Norway, currently working on their first game, a 17th century trade sim! Tommy, coming from the oil industry made a big transition from a safe and well paid job over to creating his own game studio and going for a very ambitions game, getting a publisher at the start of development and funds to create a demo.
Tommy Roekkum Items Mentioned:
On Game Dev Loadout, Dan Schoenbaum discusses the importance of gathering data on your audience, High LTV customers, CAC, and much more. Dan Schoenbaum is the CEO of Cooladata which specializes in helping clients understand their customer’s journey from discovery and conversion to retention and growth. Essentially they analyze customer behavior analytics to help you figure out what your audience is doing with your game and how you can optimize it.
Dan Schoenbaum Items Mentioned:
- Dan Website https://www.cooladata.com/
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Article The 19 Metrics Every Mobile Game Needs to Track
- Article Keep them hooked: 3 Steps to Increasing Player Retention In Online Gaming
- The Anatomy of the Perfect SaaS Analytics Dashboard
- How to Find Your Perfect SAAS Customer
- Article Online Gaming
- Google Analytics
83: Toolsmith, Rendering Gods, and Revision Control System with Blair Leggett of One More Story Games
Blair Leggett leads a small indie studio with his wife called One More Story Games. With over 20 plus years in the game industry, they have built their own game engine specifically for authors to create narrative games and published 7 games in the last 3 years while building the engine. Their work includes Danielle’s Inferno, Skycarver, and the upcoming Shakespeare’s Landlord.
Blair Leggett Connect:
- Blair Website
- Story Stylus Game Engine Website
- Game Shakespeare’s Landlord
- One More Story Games Twitter
- One More Story Games Youtube