Larry Hendrix has been in the game industry for more than 14 years. He is the owner and creative director of Fortunato7 Studios that make mobile games. He is also an instructor at the Art Institute of Houston teaching game design and character animation. It happens to all of us. We fall in love with an idea so much that it hurts when someone says it’s bad. Larry talks about the importance of knowing when to scrap a bad idea. Pivot in your vision if you have too.
- Make your characters appealing, add a little exaggeration
- Once you start a project, finish it
- Stay organized, have a vision beforehand using something like GDD
- Find committed people to the team before developing further
- Don’t fall in love with your idea and learn when to scrap it
Remember that knowledge is only Potential power, Execution is the game. I highly encourage you take what you learn and put it to good use. Don’t let it go to waste. Connect with my guests and ask them questions, they are willing to help. Comment below to share your thoughts and experience because I read every single message. Subscribe to the podcast to hear more inspiring stories. Thank you for your time! www.gamedevloadout.com