What makes a great Game Dev Loadout interview? Effectively telling your story combined with solid audio quality. Using headphones while recording makes the audio quality better.
Part 1: Your Expertise
- Tell us a bit about your personal life and how you got started in the game industry.
- What is something we probably don’t know about in your expertise that we should?
- What mistakes are most common, even at the pro level?
- Give us your key principles at becoming better at your expertise?
Part 2: Worst Moment and Lessons Learned
- What was the worst moment you had in the game industry? That one moment that is still vivid in your mind. Be very detailed and tell us that personal story.
- What do you want to make sure we take away from that?
- What do you consider your biggest waste of time and what would you have replace that time with?
Part 3: Continuous Improvement
- What is one of the best investments you have ever made? Could be an investment of money, time, or energy.
- What is a new and recent belief, behavior, or habit that has most improved your life?
- What is one goal you want to achieve in the next six months?
- What activities would you focus on right now if you only had two hours per week to work on your goal?
- If you can relay a message to the millions of game developers across the globe, what would you say and why?
Part 4: Crunch Time (Rapid-Fire Questions)
- Why do you love being a part of the video game industry?
- What was holding you back in the beginning?
- What purchase of $100 or less has most positively impacted your life in recent memory?
- What advice would you give to a driven person that wants to get started?
- What advice should they ignore?
- When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, what do you do?
- What resources should we use today?
- Tell us how we can connect with you and give any last word of encouragement, then we’ll say goodbye.
Suggestions to leave listeners with:
- Your email
- Social media
- Upcoming events you want listeners to check out
- Give a special code or giveaway
- Info on your games/companies
Once we have established a scheduled time, I will send you an email with instructions on how to do the hour audio-only interview. It will be a simple and fast setup.
Note: By participating in the interview, you agree to allow TChan Games LLC to record, distribute, and retain the rights to the produced media.