Game Dev Loadout Interview Flow
What makes a great Game Dev Loadout interview? Effectively telling your story combined with solid audio quality. Using headphones while recording makes the audio quality better.
- I will share a brief 2-3 sentence of your biography.
We learn about you and your expertise.
- Go ahead and give us a bit about your personal life and how you got started in the game industry.
- What is your current main area of expertise?
- What is something we probably don’t know about (your expertise) that we should?
- What mistakes are most common, even at a pro level?
- Overall, what are your key principles for better (expertise)?
We learn how you overcome challenges and what to avoid.
- What was the worst moment of your career?
- What do you want to make sure Game Devs take away from that?
- What are bad recommendations you hear in your profession?
- What are the biggest wastes of time?
- What have you changed your mind about in the last few years and why?
We learn what motivates you.
- What is one of the best investments you’ve ever made? Could be an investment of money, time, energy, etc.
- What was the greatest idea you had to date? Like an Ah Ha moment.
- With the game industry booming every year, what are you the most excited about today?
- What is that one game that had the most influence on you and why?
- Why do you love being a part of the video game industry?
Lightning Round with fast questions.
- What was holding you back from joining the game industry?
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- How has a failure set you up for later success?
- What’s a great marketing tip to make yourself and your game stand out?
- What resources should we Game Devs use to get started today?
- Give us a parting piece of guidance and how we can connect with you and then we’ll say goodbye.
Suggestions to leave listeners with:
- Your email
- Social media
- Upcoming events you want listeners to check out
- Give a special code or giveaway
- Info on your games/companies
I will call you via skype at the appointed time: skype name tchankhmer. This is an audio only interview.