What makes a great Game Dev Loadout interview? Effectively telling your story combined with solid audio quality. Using headphones while recording makes the audio quality better.
Introduction: Design Phase
- I will share a brief 2-3 sentence about you.
Part 1: We learn about your expertise.
- I will share a brief 2-3 sentence of your biography.
- Go ahead and give us a bit about your personal life and how you got started in the game industry.
- What is something we probably don’t know about (in your expertise) that we should?
- What mistakes are most common, even at a pro level?
- Overall, what are your key principles for better (expertise)?
Part 2: We learn about you.
- What was the worst moment of your career?
- What do you want to make sure Game Devs take away from that?
- What are bad recommendations you hear in your profession?
- What do you consider your biggest waste of time and what would you have replaced that time with?
- What is one of the best investments you’ve ever made? Could be an investment of money, time, energy, etc.
- In the last five years, what new belief, behavior, or habit has most improved your life?
- When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, what do you do?
- If you had the opportunity to relay one message to game developers across the globe, what would you say and why?
- What is one game that influence you the most and why?
Part 3: Beta Phase, Rapid-Fire Questions on Advice
- Why do you love being a part of the video game industry?
- What was holding you back in the beginning?
- The best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- A specific marketing tip to stand out?
- What resources should we use today?
End: Gold Phase
- Tell us how we can connect with you and anything you want to mention, then we’ll say goodbye.
- Suggestions to leave listeners with:
- Your email
- Social media
- Upcoming events you want listeners to check out
- Give a special code or giveaway
- Info on your games/companies
I will call you via Skype at the appointed time: skype name