Deborah Henderson is a cognitive psychologist who has worked in games for more than 6 years. She specializes in helping teams understand when they are delivering on their design vision, or what is blocking players from getting to that vision. Currently, she works at Microsoft Studios User Research.
- Playtest the game before the prototype by using pen and paper.
- Do a risk analysis to figure out which feedback can be implemented.
- Be transparent with the community so they know what you are trying to accomplish.
- Use strangers for playtesting because friends and family might be too soft on you.
- GDC Talk http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024640/How-Design-Can-Ensure-Impartial
- Microsoft User Research https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/usability/default.aspx
Remember that knowledge is only Potential power, Execution is the game. I highly encourage you take what you learn and put it to good use. Don’t let it go to waste. Connect with my guests and ask them questions, they are willing to help. Comment below to share your thoughts and experience because I read every single message. Subscribe to the podcast to hear more inspiring stories. Thank you for your time! www.gamedevloadout.com