Who Are Your Games For and What Are Their Needs with Jeremy Liu
Jeremy Liu was the narrative design lead at NetEase Games, an intern at EA, and a technical designer at Rockstar Games. Titles include Red Dead 2, NBA Live Mobile, and Realm of Duels.
- How to get into technical design
- Why you need to study and plan ahead of time before taking action
- His worst moment of working on a game that was destined to not be a commercial hit
- Listening is a great quality of a leader
- Do power naps, 20 minutes
- How he becomes a walking exoticism in China because of his experience in the USA
- The culture shock of working in the USA and China
- Imagine ramming through a brick wall to join the game industry. You have to want it badly enough.
- Market yourself as niche as possible, show how different you are to everyone else
- Network with the people who you want to model
Thank You for Listening!
Do me a huge favor and subscribe to the podcast if you felt inspired and loved this content. Share the episode through word of mouth and social media to help us grow.