Take Breaks, Get a Co-Producer & Co-Writer, Take Breaks Again
Gary Kings of National Insecurities is a lead game designer, writer, editor that has worked on games such as Once Upon a Crime in the West and 2000:1 A Space Felony.
- Get a producer to optimize teamwork and productivity.
- Before choosing a university, make sure it has the courses you want and need.
- Get better at game design – play lots of games, have outside people play your games, figure out what’s have been done and what hasn’t been done before.
- How Gary overcome his worst moment of not getting his game funded and his granddad passing away. He still found the motivation to make plans and finish his games.
- Don’t get too excited if a publisher is excited about your game, it’s not a guarantee that they will fund you.
- Take a proportional break based on your project to go on vacations, events and relax.
- Keep making plans even when the last one fails. Keep a lookout for new opportunities.
- Have an editor on board to improve the quality of writing.
- Go to game jams to network and create quick games.
- When you network, focus on making friends instead of just networking.
Thank You for Listening!
Do me a huge favor and subscribe to the podcast if you felt inspired and loved this content. Share the episode through word of mouth and social media to help us grow.