Practicing Voice Over Involves 90 Percent Interpretation
Ivy Dupler is a NYC-based voice actress who can be heard in video games, commercials, and cartoons. Her recent work includes voicing protagonist Special Agent Vera Englund in Whispers of a Machine (Clifftop Games/Faravid Interactive), as well as several roles in Unavowed (Wadjet Eye Games) and Lamplight City (Grundislav Games).
- Don’t get distracted by mistakes during voice recording. Take a deep breath and wait a few seconds then just go again. Focusing on the mistake can mess up future takes and use up the studio and the audio engineer time.
- Take Improv and voice acting class.
- BE ALERT. Don’t miss an opportunity or a deadline. Stay on top of your tasks.
- Change your mindset in the audition, the employer is not looking out to get you, they are looking to you as a solution to their problems. They want you to succeed to help them.
- Tips during recording: measure distance by putting your pinky on the mic and extending the thumbs towards your chin. Keep headphone volumes low to around 30 percent to avoid a sound leak.
- Ivy Twitter
- Ivy Instagram
- Game Whispers of a Machine
- Game Unavowed
- Game Lamplight City
- Mic Blue Yeti
- Tap lights
- Casting websites: Voices & Voice123
Thank You for Listening!
Do me a huge favor and subscribe to the podcast if you felt inspired and loved this content. Share the episode through word of mouth and social media to help us grow.